Snakes/King Snake

I just recently bought a King snake, and on the paperwork, all it says about the breed, is that its an assorted king snake, are all king snakes, California Kings, I was wondering, exactly, what kind mine was?
Its black and white, and the sriped go from head to tail, instead of side to side.

OK, two questions here. First, all king snakes are NOT CA kings.  Many are but there are many other kinds.  Two, in order for me to tell you what kind you have I'd need to see it.  Can you post a pic?  CA kings do come in MANY varieties so it is quite possible that is what you have.

I can answer any questions about selecting a new snake. Most questions about how to care for a particular snake, including diet and habitat. I can answer questions concerning breeding of most of the commmonly available snakes in US. And I can tackle genetics questions as well.

15 years experience as an owner, breeder, dealer and teacher.

B.S. Biology Ed. UCF