Snakes/Graybanded kingsnake

Hi I have had my baby for over 15 years name is peek-aboo the last 3 months there has be a deterioration on my snake will not eat has trouble shedding something seems wrong with the mouth I can not afford to take to a vet I have done everything on shedding problems and so on I have called and asked many people for help but nothing seems to work I am going to get a pinky mouse and hope it will eat but I am afraid my snake is dying please help me!!!!!!!

Honestly there is nothing that can be done unless a vet sees him. But he is up in age so yes he could be passing due to old age.

If his mouth seems messed up it could be mouth rot, which a vet would have to diagnose and treat. I would not bother him to much with food. If he does not show interest, let him be. And do not try to force feed. As many people do this improperly ( which is very easy to do) and they actually kill the snake.

Sorry to say, but no one can give you treatment options or medication. You need blood work and a exam for that.  

Amber Barrett

I can answer any and all questions about snakes, whether its how to pick the right snake for your needs and wants, eating and temperature issues, health problems ( I can not give a diagnosis or make up for vetrinary treatment but can give options on what to do). I can also answer any questions on breeding snakes, what it entitles, what you can expect, I know quite a bit about any products for snakes and their husbandry.

I currently keep over 150 snakes, I keep everything from ball pyhtons, to retics to green tree pythons. I have been around them my whole life due to a family interest in breeding them. I have researched, purchased, and delt with just about every snake, product and issue you can run into.

Although I do not have a degree in herpatology, I have been around snakes my whole life and through books, research and life I know alot about them.