Snakes/Snake repellent

Question
Is there such a thing that really works?  I see various brands and home remedies but my reading online suggests that nothing is effective.  So thought I'd ask someone who knows reptiles, not someone who wants to sell something.

Actually, my real interest is something to repel anole lizards, not snakes.  But the issue seems the same--products claiming to be repellents but without validity.  And I've tried such things as onions and garlic but they don't work either.

Answer
Honestly no, most things are harmful to animals and plants even though they state they are safe. And one rain and it's washed away.

There really is no way to repel reptiles. You can try to make the yard less appealing to them, but if there is a home and food they will remain there.

Snakes

Amber Barrett