Snakes/Ball python

I have a ball that weighs 1800grams she already been through her shed but is loosing individual scales ... shes constantly soaking in her water bowl and hasn't eaten for 3 weeks. I don't see any mites but I have ordered some mite prevent. Help please

I have seen tiny colonial skin mites cause that before so you are on the right track.  One thing I have used to kill mites on single snakes that works very well is olive oil.  Place the snake in a clean plastic container, pour a generous amount of olive oil all over the snake, let sit for about 10 minutes, then thoroughly wash with warm soapy water.  It's messy but effective so if we're only talking about one snake it's worth a try.  

I can answer any questions about selecting a new snake. Most questions about how to care for a particular snake, including diet and habitat. I can answer questions concerning breeding of most of the commmonly available snakes in US. And I can tackle genetics questions as well.

15 years experience as an owner, breeder, dealer and teacher.

B.S. Biology Ed. UCF