Snakes/snake habitat

Question

I am in the beginning stages of constructing a new habitat for my snake(pastel ball). I have read several pages where "contact sheet" is used to line the in side of the habitat. I am having a difficult time trying to locate this item. Everyone I ask at pet shops, have no clue what i am talking about. Needless to say I am frustrated that I am have this issue. So do you know where can I procure this item? Also is it the same thing as shelf paper used in cabinets and drawers?

thanks for the help

Answer
I think your guess is correct in that a contact sheet = contact paper = shelf paper.  I believe I have seen contact paper at Target.

That being said, if this is your only snake or even one of a few, and it's a ball python (a species that REALLY likes to hide), why bother constructing a cage?  The plastic bins for sale at Wal Mart, Target, etc. work great.  Even a 20/30 gallon aquarium with a nice hide box would work if say you wanted to display the animal.  Not trying to discourage your creative endeavor, but balls don't like being out in the open on display, so if your intent is a showpiece cage for your living room perhaps another species might suit that idea better.

Snakes

BPC