Soccer (American), Football (European)/soccer red card

Question
is it a red card when a player hands the ball intentionaly in the opponents 6 yard box just before he tries to score?

Answer
The red card for intentional handling is primarily for a defender denying an obvious goal scoring opportunity that close to the goal.

An attacking player intentionally handling the ball to enhance his/her ability to score would be a yellow card offense.  That being said, I could imagine such an obvious handling in that situation that may warrant a red card for an attacking player, but I believe it would be a rare and exceptional situation.

Hope you have fun on the pitch.

Soccer (American), Football (European)

John Cummings