Soccer (American), Football (European)/Indirect Free Kick

Question
I'm playing youth soccer and for a project I'm chose soccer fouls. I looked up an indirect free kick but I still don't get it. Can you please explain what fouls would result in an indirect free kick?

Thank you

Answer
The easiest way I have found for keeping the direct and indirect fouls straight in my mind is to simply remembering the direct free kick fouls.  Generally, the direct free kick fouls are more physical in nature where a player directly does something to an opponent (e.g. striking, pushing, holding, kicking, tripping etc.) and these are listed in Law XII.

The indirect fouls are more technical violations, such as offside, obstructing, dangerous play, etc.

I hope this helps.

Soccer (American), Football (European)

John Cummings