Soccer Instruction/Kicking With No Spin On Ball (Free Kicks)

Doug Patton wrote at 2013-02-15 17:53:19
Often overlooked, also by tennis-players and golfers obsessed with backswing, is 'follow-through' which gives both direction and top-whip to a ball already airborne as the last point of contact.

Some of the greatest ball-strikers had/have almost no backlift, but startling power and surprise from striking hard, clean and long through the ball.

Also for accuracy watch dart-players, one of the alltime greats 'the preying mantis' Crafty Cockney Eric Bristow almost pushed his darts into the board with his long follow through.

And, quote a great small backlift ace striker wee Kenny Dalgleish, "The more I practise the luckier I get."

Plus, ALWAYS when striking, eye-on-the-ball.

Good luck.  

Soccer Instruction

Vincent Lam

I am a junior football coach, so I'm happy to answer questions on junior/youth development. I'm also a tactical analyst, so I'd be more than happy to offer my thoughts on tactics.

I've been playing for 10 years. I started off as a defender but am currently a holding midfielder. I've been coaching for 5 yrs, and I'm currently holding a junior licence.

Level 1 - Australian Sports Commission

Coach of the Year 2006 for my club.