Social Etiquette and Good Manners/step children/grandchildren

Lois Vacanti wrote at 2013-03-17 16:10:42
Susan & Nina:

I agree with you it's hurtful when a stepson or daughter treats their stepmom in this manner.  

One of my stepson's who I have been closer to then all the others, (I have 8 stepchildren) he and his wife had a new baby in recent years and I was very hurt when upon seeing him again recently, that I was referred to just by my first name.  I opened my home to this stepson in his teenage years, welcoming him to come and stay with us as I did his brothers and sisters whenever they wanted to, and it does make a stepmom feel slighted to be treated in this manner.  My own 2 children have yet to have children of their own so we all were very exited about this new stepgrandchild.  My daughter and I even shopped for the new baby in her first few years of life, enjoying it immensely, treating her like she was my own grandchild and my daughter's own niece. Needless to say we aren't so inclined to do that anymore.  My daughter was even shocked that her half brother couldn't have found it in his heart to do better then what he did.  

Social Etiquette and Good Manners

Nina Pundarik-Dossin

I can answer almost all basic questions about manners, etiquette, sophistication, elegance, taste, and what's "proper" or "appropriate." There are certain subjects like weddings that I cannot go into extensive detail for on my own - in such cases, I will always go into great detail from a purely etiquette standpoint, citing all reference sources. I can answer most questions about the subjects specified but for those questions that give me difficulty, I know where to send you.

Since spring of 2009 I have been studying and recording everything related to class, manners, etiquette, sophistication, class, elegance, manners/etiquette, and taste. I have an extensive amount of knowledge at my disposal and I am proud at the variety of things in which I regularly consult people. I have been a guest speaker at American finishing schools and I have been consulted by the admissions offices of universities and the PR Departments of museums. I have also been interviewed, quoted, and referenced as a source in newsletters for charity organizations. All of this is impressive given my young age, as my knowledge will continue to grow each and every day.

Publications (my official blog) (The Modern Woman's Survival Guide) The Princess Closet February Newsletter (An American Charity Organization)

Private Prep School for 12 years (grades 1 - 12) Bryn Mawr College, B.A. Graduate from Multiple Finishing School Programs