Social Etiquette and Good Manners/Death of a student

Question
One of my middle school students has lost both of her parents and the grandmother that was helping to take care of her.  She is moving.  A group of her teachers want to give a gift to her to express our sincere sympathy.  What do you suggest?

Answer
Thank you for your question. My heart goes out to this little angel. I suggest perhaps an album of candid photo of her classmates taken around the school campus, and signed with warm wishes. You can incorporate the school colors and maybe a plush toy of the mascot, if applicable.  

Social Etiquette and Good Manners

Constance Hoffman