Social Etiquette and Good Manners/greetings in the morning

Question
Every morning Monday to Friday that staff enters an office where there are two people sitting at the desk.  What is the correct protocol for a morning greeting?  Do we say the greetings first or do they say the greeting first. These are all professionals. This is very important!!
because they pick and choose their personal greetings.  Thanks

Answer
Mary:
Thank you for your question. Typically the party entering the room verbally greets those already there. Although there is nothing wrong the other way. In both cases all parties should make eye contact and make a point to nod or verbally acknowledge others  

Social Etiquette and Good Manners

Constance Hoffman