Social Etiquette and Good Manners/hair and barber tipping

Question
CAN A NEW TREND BE SET ? Because most people don't get the hair cut they want. If they held their top dollar amount in small bills, and said your tip is going to be based on how well you cut my hair THE WAY I ASKED YOU TO CUT IT, then maybe they'll listen closer. And the client will get to walk out with the boost of confidence they walked in seeking. Thank You for this opportunity.
 Deanna

Answer
Deanna:
Thank you for your question on tipping.  Since a tip or gratuity is based on a service performed thus the amount should be equal to the quality of that service. Unless the service charge is added to the bill as in some restaurants, the giving of a gratuity is strictly based on the givers desire to "thank" and show appreciation to the service provider when good service is provided.  A gratuity is not mandatory, and the amount is based on the level of appreciation, thus the higher the amount the more the service received was a the desire level.  My booklet, Tips On Tipping, outlines the various services and suggested amounts for numerous situations.

Social Etiquette and Good Manners

Constance Hoffman