Social Etiquette and Good Manners/Is it proper to sell tickets that you were given

Question
Is it proper to sell tickets that were given to you by a corporation?  I noticed on line that friend is selling tickets to a local sports team that he won by participating in a promotional event. To me, if I had won the tickets and had no intention of using them, I would donate them to a charity or return them to team.

Answer
Although I tend to agree with you, one is actually free to do what one wants with such tickets. It would be very poor form to sell tickets in such an overt way if the tickets had been given to you by the boss. However, this falls into the category of gifts. A gift is really not a gift if it has strings attached. I think if one is going to turn an opportunity into one of financial gain, it's best to be discreet. Sharing with others is a fine idea, but greed can motivate people to choose less thoughtful options. I hope this helps.

Social Etiquette and Good Manners

Jay Remer