Social Etiquette and Good Manners/attendance

Hi, My sister-in-law is graduating college. Is it appropriate to not go b/c I don't feel my 4 year old would sit through the ceremony. I am getting some heat not b/c I don't want to go but for not taking the 4 year old.

What do you think? Is it proper for a child that young to attend?

Dear Heidi,
I agree with you completely. After all, if he starts to squirm and carry on during the graduation, you'd have to get up and take him away. Why not get a babysitter? Otherwise, regret the event nut give her a nice gift. How does your husband feel about all of this? You need to be on the same page here! I hope this helps. Jay

Social Etiquette and Good Manners

Jay Remer

I am happy to answer any questions about social or corporate etiquette as well as questions regarding international protocol. It is important to practice civility. It is contagious.

I am certified by the Protocol School of Washington as a consultant for corporate etiquette and international protocol. I have been entertaining and giving advise on entertaining for over 40 years.

Weekly column in Telegraph Journal

Graduate of Protocol School of Washington