Social Etiquette and Good Manners/Parent's 50th wedding anniversary

My parents are going to the beach to celebrate their 50th wedding anniversary. The problem is: no one else is invited. That means their kids and grand kids won't be able to celebrate with them. What can we do for them? How can they know we are thankful for their marriage, support, love, etc. What can we do to celebrate "with" them? I know the hotel where they are staying. Please provide some ideas on what we can do. It doesn't have to be about good etiquette. Thanks for any ideas.

Thank you for your question. As much as you would like to share your parents 50th, it is their special celebration and thus how they wish to experience it.  Since they shared their location and can have something special waiting for them upon arrival, such as a special treat of food and beverage or a prepaid certificate for an activity at the hotel or near by.  When they return invite them for a nice dinner out or at your home as a welcome back and of gratitude.  

Social Etiquette and Good Manners

Constance Hoffman

As a professional etiquette coach and trainer, I am able to assist with any and all of your questions pertaining to social and business skills, party manner, appearance, communication both verbal and written, tipping, email manners and social media, and of course entertaining and dining etiquette.

As owner of Social and Business Graces, I have been teaching children and adults for over 15 years.

Owner of Social and Business Graces

Owner, teacher, coach and author of "Tips on Tipping".