Social Etiquette and Good Manners/wedding at age 60

Question
I am getting married at 60 this is both of our second marriage.  I have been a window for 27 years while he has been divorce for 17 years.  Every thing is going good all the details are done.  What would be the proper way for me the bride to dress?  Do I wear a head peace with a Vail? I have a simple @ but nice ivory dress but I am confused about the head piece.  This is a informal wedding.

Answer
Dear Barbara:  

Allow me to begin by sending you and your fiancé best wishes on the occasion of your wedding and for your life together.

Regarding the headpiece for your big day, I would suggest something other than a traditional bridal veil.  Perhaps one of these alternatives may suit you and the occasion: 1) a stunning, small hat, perhaps with a feather and/or a small bit of tulle (think back to the hats on the guests at Will and Kate's royal wedding last year!), 2) a flower or band of seasonal flowers, or 3) sparkly hair clips, combs or barrettes that your hairdresser, family member or friend can help you to place. All of these things would be special and would be an appropriate replacement for a traditional veil.

Social Etiquette and Good Manners

Nancy Mitchell