Social Etiquette and Good Manners/Dorms of correct address

Question
I am having a formal dinner and on name place cards don't know hoe to address a gent who is a Crnl in two armies but he is also a Dr which would be the correct address : Crnl Crnl Dr ?

Answer
Dear Julie,
I do apologize for the delay in answering your question. You must choose one title for the the place card - presumably the one most appropriate to the formal dinner. If a medical doctor, you'd be safe using that title - either Doctor or Dr.. If the function is more of a 'state' affair, use Colonel or abbreviated service rank (.eg. Col.). But don't use more than one title.
I hope this helps.
Jay

Social Etiquette and Good Manners

Jay Remer