Social Etiquette and Good Manners/Wishing Well/Treasure Chest for Celebration

Question
Hello,
I am moving to Dubai and I will be having a farewell/30th birthday celebration. Is it proper etiquette to have a wishing well/treasure chest at my celebration? I know they are usually used at weddings. Is there a proper way to state this in the invitation?

Thanks so much,
Chenille M.

Answer
Dear Chenille:
Congratulations on your move!  As much as we would want others to subsidize our wish list, it is never good etiquette to ask others for money - in any manner.  Therefore, there is no nice way to put it on an invitation to a party - especially one you are giving for yourself.  

Social Etiquette and Good Manners

Cynthia W. Lett