Social Etiquette and Good Manners/language

Question
my wife and i are french if invited toenglish speaking friens is it polite toswich french for personal excnange in front of our hosts

Answer
Dear Serge:

When you speak a language in front of anyone who doesn't also speak the language as fluently as you do, you are purposely excluding, ignoring and disrespecting them.  Please do your best to speak English as well as you can in front of your English speaking friends.  Don't make them feel you are talking about them in front of them and saying something they shouldn't know.

Social Etiquette and Good Manners

Cynthia W. Lett