Social Etiquette and Good Manners/A stunning Washington Hostess in 1977 who (I think) was called Tandy...

Question
Hello Cynthia

Here's a really unusual one for you which perhaps I should post in the politics section of AllExperts but I'm sending it to you first. See what you think of this...

I live in London, UK, and in 1977 when I was a horny 16 year old, one of the British daily papers had a long article about a woman who was considered the top "political hostess" in Washington D.C. She held all sorts of receptions/parties/events, call them what you will, for politicians and important people in the US of A.
Now, they published a photo of her, and I can remember that she was beautiful and had what I then considered big tits, and I think that she was a blonde...but I can't for the life of me remember her last name, just that her first name was - I think - Tandy. (This amused me at the time because no-one in the UK is called Tandy). Now, I can't remember her last name, but I've often wondered what became of her. So my etiquette question for you is, who was she, and what is she up to now? If you've had a lifelong interest in etiquette, and if you work in the publishing business, I know I can rely on you to identify her for me!

Thank you in advance and I hope you enjoy researching this important question!

Paul Murphy,
London, UK.

Answer
Dear Paul:
I was in college during the 70's so I wasn't at home in Washington, DC listening to the news at the time.  However, I think this person is who you are seeking.  http://www.people.com/people/archive/article/0,,20067101,00.html .

Let me know if it is.

Social Etiquette and Good Manners

Cynthia W. Lett