Social Etiquette and Good Manners/Dividing costs per night

I have a question.  We are renting a condo for a bachelorette party.  It is a weekend rental as they require a 2 night minimum.  What is the proper division of cost?  Should it be per person/per night, or the entire cost divided by the number of people going, regardless if they will be there one or two nights?  The condo was booked before having a head count, although I did specify beforehand that I would not be able to attend Friday.  The thought is that if only a few people can go Friday, they will be paying a considerable amount, which some feel is unfair.  Others feel that they should not have to pay for a night they aren't there, especially if that was communicated before the condo was booked. Thoughts?

I would take the total cost and divide it by the number of attendees, making it very clear that they are welcome to attend both nights because it was a 2-day minimum rental.  It's like a limo rental, you don't pay for just the time you're riding in the car.  You can always invite more people if you like.

Social Etiquette and Good Manners

Teri Davis Newman

I can answer virtually any question pertaining to manners and etiquette. I am a wedding and party planner in St. Louis, Missouri and I do weddings and parties all over the country! My brides are my number one priority as I understand how important their wedding day is to them! Any questions about catering and cooking for large groups. This would include recipes, cooking techniques, what to serve, how to prevent food poisoning, food storage and food integrity. I have thousands of recipes that are scaled for large groups and gatherings and will be happy to share them! If you are in need of professional assistance for helping you to plan your wedding, party or corporate event, please feel free to contact me! I do a limited amount of weddings and parties every year in order to make sure that I have the best service for my clientele. Feel free to visit my business website at this address: WWW.EXQUISITEEVENTSUSA.COM for detailed information on what services I offer. I have price point weddings for every budget--no matter what size and I am very specific about what you get for your hard-earned money.

I teach etiquette classes for children and adults in the St Louis area. Classes include Table Manners, Table Settings, Invitations, Thank you notes, Condolence Notes and Wedding etiquette for brides and guests.

I attended Charm School as a child in Palm Beach and am currently a corporate etiquette consultant for correct manners in the USA and Japan. I studied Japanese etiquette while living in Tokyo.