Social Etiquette and Good Manners/Awkward way of sitting

Hi, my name is Ashley, 19 and I have an awkward question to ask. As everyone knows girls normally cross their legs at the knee, I do it too but the awkward thing is that I have the habit of crossing it twice, which I find more comfortable. I don't often see others do that, and some of my friends said it looks a bit weird. So I was wondering if I should stop doing it for etiquette sake?

Thank you for your question as well as the visual so that I might completely understand. In a casual situation I believe that crossing your legs twice proposes no issue, especially if it is comfortable.

In the work force, during interviews, business meetings and events, I would refrain from do so.  The nonverbal message you are sending is that you could be scared, nervous, or uncomfortable.

Social Etiquette and Good Manners

Constance Hoffman

As a professional etiquette coach and trainer, I am able to assist with any and all of your questions pertaining to social and business skills, party manner, appearance, communication both verbal and written, tipping, email manners and social media, and of course entertaining and dining etiquette.

As owner of Social and Business Graces, I have been teaching children and adults for over 15 years.

Owner of Social and Business Graces

Owner, teacher, coach and author of "Tips on Tipping".