Social Etiquette and Good Manners/Birthday party

Question
Hello,
My daughters Birthday is coming up and rather than a ton of gifts we would prefer donations to animal shelter. Can you tell me if this sounds good?

*No gifts please*
Your presence is what matters to me. If you really would like to purchase something, would you please consider a gift to the Humane Society?

Answer
I think it's lovely, and I commend your daughter for doing something good for God's helpless creatures. It's very nicely worded it very nicely put and I'm so proud of your little girl. You were obviously an exemplary mother. She's going to grow up and make you very proud

Social Etiquette and Good Manners

Teri Davis Newman