Social Etiquette and Good Manners/Sending Graduation Card

Question
Hello:

I am thinking about sending a graduation card to a student employee that once worked with me along with other college students at a university.
I am considerably older than she and even older than her parents. I am a single male 61 years old, and she is 22.

1. Would it be inappropriate to do so since I am singe, and she is much younger than I am as well as the fact I am older than her parents?

2. Would she and her parents get the impression that I am somewhat romantically interested in her, even if I am to some degree?

I thank you for your reply.

Answer
Dear Kenneth:

Sending a congratulations for graduation card is never a bad idea, but it depends what it says and how you sign it.  I suggest that you keep it standard language for such a card.  "Congratulations on your graduation.  Best of luck in all your future endeavors.:" is standard and benighn.
Best regards, Best wishes, All the best, - all good sign offs.  

Don't write anything additional or personal on the card or it may be misinterpreted.  Keep it professional.  

Social Etiquette and Good Manners

Cynthia W. Lett