Social Etiquette and Good Manners/Email Politeness

In an email which was sent to my boss, I was referred to as "she" even before any mention of my name.
To quote the email began with - "if she is also working would appreciate the names of her candidates being sent to me"
This was later forwarded to me, and I found it a bit odd and offensive. Am I wrong or is it impolite.

Email etiquette is not well understood. It should adhere to the same protocol as a written letter. Too much short hand has crept into the language when communicating online. It seems very odd to me that your name would not appear well before the pronoun, and if this is the case, it would be impolite, very definitely. It falls under "bullying" if this is a repeated offence. I hope this helps.

Social Etiquette and Good Manners

Jay Remer

I am happy to answer any questions about social or corporate etiquette as well as questions regarding international protocol. It is important to practice civility. It is contagious.

I am certified by the Protocol School of Washington as a consultant for corporate etiquette and international protocol. I have been entertaining and giving advise on entertaining for over 40 years.

Weekly column in Telegraph Journal

Graduate of Protocol School of Washington