Social Etiquette and Good Manners/Return Address Etiquette

What is ther proper way to list a return address on 50th wedding anniversary party announcement.  I usually just list our last name and address on any mail that is sent out.  Please advise.

Dear Jane:
Thank you for your question.  It is not clear whether you are sending the party invitation or if someone else who is giving you the party is.  Whomever is sending the invitation should include their full name in the return address.  Remember too that the only envelope that it is proper to put a return address on the front is a #10 business envelope or larger.  All others should have the return address on the back flap.  

Social Etiquette and Good Manners

Cynthia W. Lett

Proper manners with friends,family,colleagues,neighbors and everyone else you know.

I have been an etiquette expert teaching and consulting on the subject worldwide since 1983. I started and serve as the Executive Director of the International Society of Protocol & Etiquette Professionals and am considered a leader in the field of etiquette and protocol training and execution. I edited "Etiquette for Dummies" and have recently written "Lett's Talk - Everyday Etiquette Dilemmas and What to Do about Them". My book, "That's So Annoying:An Etiquette Expert on the World's Most Irritating Habits And What To Do About Them" was published in 2009 and is available wherever books are sold. I taught the Business Protocol class to Master's level students at the George Washington University, Washington, DC for seven years I served as Chief of Protocol for MCI Telecommunications for three years.

International Society of Protocol & Etiquette Professionals, ASTD, PCMA, National Speakers Association

I have been quoted over 700 times in the past 5 years worldwide. Publications include Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, Washington Times, NY Times, Washington Business Journal, USA Today, Associated Press, London Times, Newsweek Japan edition, Newsweek US edition and many many more.

I am a Certified Etiquette Professional (CEP) and Certified Protocol Professional (CPP) earned by examination through ISPEP. I have a Master's degree in hospitality law and undergrad degrees in Restaurant & Hotel Management and Public Relations/Interpersonal Communications from Purdue University.

Who's Who Worldwide,Who's Who of American Women, Distinguished Darden Professor (Purdue University).

World Bank, United Nations,US Dept. of State, US. Dept. of the Army, Pentagon, Barclays Global Investors,Accenture,Fox News, MSNBC, CNN, The White House, Dept. of State, AT&T,Bank of America,American Association of Clinical Pharmacies,Ritz Carlton Hotels, Hilton Hotels, Marriott Hotels,Starwood Hotels,and many more.