Social Etiquette and Good Manners/stovkings etiquettes

This is the first time I purchased thigh high stockings, for a dress that is just above knee length. But while walking or sitting, the upper end of the stockings (which is printed) becomes visible/ peeps out a little. Is it a bad social etiquette or ok for it to be seen? Should I not wear those?

It's a matter of personal taste, style and fashion.  In older times it was considered incredibly risque for a woman to show the top of her stocking.  Here's a tip that I use that might be helpful: Buy the next larger size of thigh highs and pull them UP as high as you can. Your thigh goes from knee to hip and I pull my thigh-highs up as high as I can get them as I don't like the tops to show--unless of course there is someone present that I WANT to show the sexy part of my stocking to and there are a lot of subtle ways to do that. For a dress just above knee length, unless you WANT to show your stocking top buy a bigger size and pull them UP, if you want to wear them like knee socks, they are going to show. However, catching the eye of your beloved (or a stranger if you are so inclined) and raising the hem of your dress just enough for them to get a glimpse of the stocking top before smoothing down your dress.  It's a universal signal that says: "I'm interested, are you?" and it never fails to inspire my beloved husband.

Social Etiquette and Good Manners

Teri Davis Newman

I can answer virtually any question pertaining to manners and etiquette. I am a wedding and party planner in St. Louis, Missouri and I do weddings and parties all over the country! My brides are my number one priority as I understand how important their wedding day is to them! Any questions about catering and cooking for large groups. This would include recipes, cooking techniques, what to serve, how to prevent food poisoning, food storage and food integrity. I have thousands of recipes that are scaled for large groups and gatherings and will be happy to share them! If you are in need of professional assistance for helping you to plan your wedding, party or corporate event, please feel free to contact me! I do a limited amount of weddings and parties every year in order to make sure that I have the best service for my clientele. Feel free to visit my business website at this address: WWW.EXQUISITEEVENTSUSA.COM for detailed information on what services I offer. I have price point weddings for every budget--no matter what size and I am very specific about what you get for your hard-earned money.

I teach etiquette classes for children and adults in the St Louis area. Classes include Table Manners, Table Settings, Invitations, Thank you notes, Condolence Notes and Wedding etiquette for brides and guests.

I attended Charm School as a child in Palm Beach and am currently a corporate etiquette consultant for correct manners in the USA and Japan. I studied Japanese etiquette while living in Tokyo.