Social Etiquette and Good Manners/Offering to help host a party

Question
A close friend of mine from high school is getting married this summer. Her sister is the maid of honor and hosting the bachelorette party. My friend (the bride) said that if I wanted to email her sister with any party ideas then I'm welcome to do so. I want to offer to help with the party in any way that I can but I don't think the maid of honor is expecting an email from me. How do I politely offer to help with the party with out making the maid of honor feel inadequate?

Thank you!

Answer
Dear Lindsey:

Thank you for your question. I agree that it would be inappropriate (and possibly insulting) to email unsolicited ideas for the party to the maid of honor. She might think that you don't have confidence in her ability to plan and produce a successful party. Instead, send an email indicating how much you are looking forward to the participating in the event, and include a general offer to help in any way you can.  The ball will then be in her court to contact you for ideas or help, if needed.

Social Etiquette and Good Manners

Nancy Mitchell