Social Etiquette and Good Manners/Short sleeves

Dear Ms.Hoffman,

Can I ask your advice on short sleeved dress shirts? Are they ever acceptable as far as business or semi formal occasions go? Thank you.

Stepping into most workplaces, you would hardly ever see men dressed in short sleeve shirts, and the main reason for that is that short sleeve shirts are considered CASUAL. According to GQ, there is no such thing as a short sleeve DRESS shirt even, so they definitely cannot be considered formal.
In conclusion, short sleeve shirts can be great casual wear, but stick to the long sleeve dress shirts for the workplace.

Social Etiquette and Good Manners

Constance Hoffman

As a professional etiquette coach and trainer, I am able to assist with any and all of your questions pertaining to social and business skills, party manner, appearance, communication both verbal and written, tipping, email manners and social media, and of course entertaining and dining etiquette.

As owner of Social and Business Graces, I have been teaching children and adults for over 15 years.

Owner of Social and Business Graces

Owner, teacher, coach and author of "Tips on Tipping".