Social Etiquette and Good Manners/Bridal shower

Our son is getting married. Our son and his fiancée both grew up and still live locally. Although the are both local the two families don't know each other. Should the groom's family host a bridal shower?

Traditionally this is who does what:

The groom's family hosts the engagement party.

The maid of honor is the hostess of the bridal shower.

The bride is the hostess of the bridesmaid's luncheon where she gives a gift to each of her attendants.

The best man hosts the bachelor party where the groom gives a gift to each of his usher and Best Man

The bridesmaids host the bachelorette party.

The groom's family hosts the rehearsal dinner.

The bride's family hosts the wedding.

Hope this was helpful and I apologize for the delay as I was traveling Thursday and it's a long drive from St Louis to Baton Rouge!

Social Etiquette and Good Manners

Teri Davis Newman

I can answer virtually any question pertaining to manners and etiquette. I am a wedding and party planner in St. Louis, Missouri and I do weddings and parties all over the country! My brides are my number one priority as I understand how important their wedding day is to them! Any questions about catering and cooking for large groups. This would include recipes, cooking techniques, what to serve, how to prevent food poisoning, food storage and food integrity. I have thousands of recipes that are scaled for large groups and gatherings and will be happy to share them! If you are in need of professional assistance for helping you to plan your wedding, party or corporate event, please feel free to contact me! I do a limited amount of weddings and parties every year in order to make sure that I have the best service for my clientele. Feel free to visit my business website at this address: WWW.EXQUISITEEVENTSUSA.COM for detailed information on what services I offer. I have price point weddings for every budget--no matter what size and I am very specific about what you get for your hard-earned money.

I teach etiquette classes for children and adults in the St Louis area. Classes include Table Manners, Table Settings, Invitations, Thank you notes, Condolence Notes and Wedding etiquette for brides and guests.

I attended Charm School as a child in Palm Beach and am currently a corporate etiquette consultant for correct manners in the USA and Japan. I studied Japanese etiquette while living in Tokyo.