Social Media and Networking/Social Media Questions.

Question
"Hi! I'm doing a research paper on how social media effects a person psychologically, and how it effects their habits and behaviors. I have found that social media sites like facebook and twitter may lead to disorders like depression, anxiety, or anti-social behaviors. I was wondering if I could ask you a few questions about your opinion on the topic?

What Social Media sites would you say you use the most? How often do you use these sites.

Do you have a favorite site?

Do you feel that Social Media has become too great a part of society? Explain?

Do you think Social media has any major psychological effects?

Do you feel that Social Media is a problem of today?

How exactly to you think Social Media effects the public of today? Is it more beneficial or harmful to society in your opinion?

What do you think are some effects of logging in to many hours of internet usage?

Has Social Media affected you’re career? How?

Do you think social media has brought benefits into the world today? Negatives?

What do you believe the world would be like today without Social Media?

Do you believe Social Media will have an even bigger impact on the world than it does now in the future?

It would be much appreciated if you could answer these questions as best as you can and any additional information about Social Media, internet usage, or other information relating to the subject would be wonderful too. Thank you!

Answer
Hi Grace, here are my answers:

--What Social Media sites would you say you use the most? How often do you use these sites.
Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Google+, in order by favourite. Use them every day.

--Do you have a favorite site?
Facebook

--Do you feel that Social Media has become too great a part of society? Explain?
Yes. I have people I talk to every day online who I haven't seen face to face for up to 8 years.

--Do you think Social media has any major psychological effects?
Yes. It makes people feel that they're missing out if they don't have access, increasing their need and addiction.

--Do you feel that Social Media is a problem of today?
Yes. Even my Nana is on it, which must say something!

--How exactly to you think Social Media effects the public of today? Is it more beneficial or harmful to society in your opinion?
Beneficial if used less than real interaction. Harmful if it's the only means of social contact or accessed more than once per each hour.

--What do you think are some effects of logging in to many hours of internet usage?
Being unable to "disconnect" and engage in "slower" activities.

--Has Social Media affected you’re career? How?
I earn a living thanks to Social Media, so it's helped. I also use it for networking.

--Do you think social media has brought benefits into the world today? Negatives?
Both.

--What do you believe the world would be like today without Social Media?
People would know a lot less information but also get out a lot more.

--Do you believe Social Media will have an even bigger impact on the world than it does now in the future?
Yes. The more that's added to social media, the more it takes over our lives. Soon we'll have everything down to our recipes and how far we've travelled on social media.

S.

Social Media and Networking

WryLilt