Social Media and Networking/Twitter Notifications

So I was on someone's twitter page the other day. I have a bad relationship with them so I didn't mean to follow them but I accidentally hit follow. In probaby no more than a second, I hit unfollow, hoping they wouldn't get a notification. My question is, would the notification disappear on their end and/or not appear at all? I understand that there's still the possibility of them getting an email, but I'm just curious about their actual twitter notifications. It hit unfollow literally a second after I hit follow (at most).

Thank you!

I am really not certain. If an email was sent,  then a notification should have been sent also, since they both work hand in hand. This is a question that should be forwarded to a twitter support representative,  since they would know how their service works, better than anyone.

Personally though, I get notifications when someone follows me, and when I check I notice that they are not following. So I don't know if it's the same in this case.  

Social Media and Networking

Desire Roberts

I can answer anything on social media marketing and its processes, that is, Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, Pinterest, Google+, Youtube, Digg, Reddit, StumbleUpon, etc, and how to use them. Also I have extensive knowledge in content marketing, website design and development, online public relations, SEO, and new media marketing.

I have extensive knowledge in everything digital and have been working in this field heavily for 3-4 years now, which means I have lots of experience with social media marketing, digital promotions, online public relations, content marketing, referral marketing, new media marketing, search engine optimisation, website design and development.

Certified Project Manager Degree in Media and Communications Years of self-study, and working in the Digital Marketing industry