Social Media and Networking/effects of Bondage-Discipline, Dominant-Submissive, Sadism-Masochism or BDSM

Question
1. In general, how does social media affects society?
2. Do social media create curiosity to the people?
3. How can media influence people?
4. BDSM practice is slowly entering our community; do you think social media has something to do with it?
5. We found out about BDSM Community, what is the significance of social media to the BDSM practitioner and to the BDSM community itself?
6. We’ve interview a sociologist and he said that it is possible that BDSM will stop being underground, and the society will start to accept them, is social media can be a big factor for this?

Answer
Social media impacts how society receives information.

Social media CAN impact curiosity on a particular topic, but it is up to how curious the audience is. It won't evoke curiosity out of a person who is not curious to begin with.

Media on the whole affects how people react to a situation or issue. For instance, there is a bad car crash due to drunk driving involving two cars, one with the drunk driver, and the other with a husband, wife and a newborn baby; all involved were killed on impact. There are two stories written about it online; each with supporting photographs. The first story tells the facts and has a photo of the crash; no one is outraged. The second story has a photo of the baby on the ground some distance from the crash, brutally injured and bloody; the baby is slightly out of focus, and the crashed car is in full focus. The public is outraged, protests are happening nationwide. Do you see HOW the media can affect a situation, based on HOW the situation is published? I hope that helps with the how media influences people.

I honestly don't engage professionally with that genre of pages specifically, so I really have no idea how a BDSM page would be affected by social media. Why not contact a page administrator and ask them these questions.

Remember that social media falls into a medium which connects the general public, but the demand for a specific topic by the general public will impact the success of a page. So, if you have a topic on baseball bats, and it's not of public interest, it won't be of great impact, like a page on gay rights, which is a public hot topic right now.  

Social Media and Networking

Desire Roberts