Social Work/need help

Maybe you can help me I can't find who to ask on

I've been overlydependent on my mom my whole life..I am 40 yrs old now and it is pretty rough on me cuz my mom is 1 hour away now (instead of 1 mile) in assisted living.  She can't help me financially like she used to.  

I have been feeling sick to my stomach because I am 40 yrs old and my husband is 61.  We only have a 40,000 policy on him and again I am worried sick what will happen to me since I've never been on my own and had to take care of myself.

My question do I learn to grow up and take care of myself? HOw do I learn to love myself?

Thanks for sharing your concern.

You can not depend on your Mom anymore. You are grown up and married. Do you have kids? Do you have any liability? What does your husband do for living? The 40K policy is only for emergency. It is not for daily maintenance. What do you do? How have you been remaining engaged in the recent past? What all skills do you have? Are you interested to learn new skills for earning a living.

Jennifer. you need to share more so that I can develop an understanding of your situation and options. Alternatively, visit a neighborhood nonprofit and talk to the social worker for guidance.

Hope that helps

Dr Garain

Social Work

Swapan Garain

Social Service Voluteering

Social Work education training

Social Work