Sociology/Class conflict/warfare

John wrote at 2013-03-06 18:08:48
I fundamentally disagree with your argument. We human beings make choices. I can go out there if I want right now and start inflicting violence on whomever comes across, or I can do otherwise. What you say is a baseless argumentation to support & justify violence, Marxism, & crime. Very conveniently, you never mention in your examples the almost 80 years of violence in the USSR & by the USSR exerted on Eastern Europe by communists like the bolsheviks, Stalin, Lenin & their sucessors. Their highly-repressive apparatus was tortureing & imprisoning common citizens w/o any kind of due process. Sening them to concentration camps. They were administering them drugs to make them sick--to make them diabetic, induce diabetic comma, make them crazy, etc--while in custody How about USSR's "communist" puppets in Asia like China with Mao? Talk about violence over billions of subjects! You should add those to your list & also the 60 y/o "communist" tyrannical totalitarian regime in Cuba, where thousands of people have been killed by fire squad by the regime. They still to this day torture their citizens like the USSR used to do! And so does the "communist" tyranny they have now in Venezuela, and it happens in so many places, specially in those where they previously promised that the class-struggle / revolution was going to be the solution but it's not!

I object to your arguments b/c they don't prove--one thing doesn't necessarily causes the other--anything. The arguments condonnes & supports violence & violence as a solution to life. The fact is that we have and make choices, act violently or not. People usually when they opt for violence they do so if they think they can get away with itand/or they have the upper hand. Violence is usually masked behind different excuses like "religions," historical resentments, social resentments, and so on.

SV wrote at 2015-02-25 14:48:29
I speak from decades of experience on the front lines, in policy making and as a media informant, education and widely acknowledged expertise. Sorry if what you have read and decided to accept as your truth does not agree with my truth that is based on reality.  

Steven Valdivia

Origins of gangs; causes of gangs; how a community evolves to violence and/or peace; new and workable solutions to gangs, riots and forms of community violence; psycho-social aspects of gang activity. Connection of gangs to riots and other community violence

First gang czar in Los Angeles City and County - 1973-1995; National trainer, lecturer and educator for Dept of Justice and as consultant; invented Target Area Strategy (multi-agency interdisciplinary strategy) still used today; developed new paradigm based on continuum.

Steven Valdivia is co-chair of the Peace and Non-Violence Research Group, Institute for Computing in Humanities, Arts and Social Science (I-CHASS), National Center for Supercomputing Applications (NCSA), University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign. His book: “Forces Gangs to Riots. Evolution to Gangs, Riots and Back to Peace" is available at Amazon, etc.

Author, "Forces...Gangs to Riots...Evolution to Gangs, Riots and Back to Peace". Also articles in LA Times; Newsweek, Christian Science Monitor, guest on ABC Nightline...many others

Book Series: "Forces, Gangs to Riots..." Volumes 1,2 and 3. Certified expert NPG. Member of Sociology and Cyber-Infrastructure to Study and Combat Violence (HCSCV) Group, UIUC; numerous credentials in law enforcement and gang training.

Honored: US Congressional Record...too many to list including City and County of Los Angeles; LA County Sheriff, LAPD, LA Unified Schools, US Congress, State of California...

National Assoc of District Attorneys; Law Enforcement Admin Assistance; LA County Interagency Gang Task Force...many others