Good day
Based on history / sociology, has there ever been a society or culture that coexisted in harmony, in which common social issues like crime, vices, and unethical behaviors were rare or nonexistent.
If so you can you give me 3 - 5 examples of such societies in history and any insights as to why did such societies exist in peace and harmony.

Sunil Mahabir
Miramar, Flordia 33027

I authored a quote that relates to your question:

"Peace and violence are driven by winds of change" - Steven Valdivia

The point is that either is possible as an outcome of a process. A violent community today may be peaceful tomorrow and vice-versa.  
External forces may oftentimes be at fault for disrupting internal peace. By the same token, they might bring peace. There are many aspects and levels of "peace" and "violence" that range from the personal to interpersonal, family, community, region, state and well, it goes on from there and back again.

The website here is useful. Good luck!

Steven Valdivia

Steven Valdivia

Origins of gangs; causes of gangs; how a community evolves to violence and/or peace; new and workable solutions to gangs, riots and forms of community violence; psycho-social aspects of gang activity. Connection of gangs to riots and other community violence

First gang czar in Los Angeles City and County - 1973-1995; National trainer, lecturer and educator for Dept of Justice and as consultant; invented Target Area Strategy (multi-agency interdisciplinary strategy) still used today; developed new paradigm based on continuum.

Steven Valdivia is co-chair of the Peace and Non-Violence Research Group, Institute for Computing in Humanities, Arts and Social Science (I-CHASS), National Center for Supercomputing Applications (NCSA), University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign. His book: “Forces Gangs to Riots. Evolution to Gangs, Riots and Back to Peace" is available at Amazon, etc.

Author, "Forces...Gangs to Riots...Evolution to Gangs, Riots and Back to Peace". Also articles in LA Times; Newsweek, Christian Science Monitor, guest on ABC Nightline...many others

Book Series: "Forces, Gangs to Riots..." Volumes 1,2 and 3. Certified expert NPG. Member of Sociology and Cyber-Infrastructure to Study and Combat Violence (HCSCV) Group, UIUC; numerous credentials in law enforcement and gang training.

Honored: US Congressional Record...too many to list including City and County of Los Angeles; LA County Sheriff, LAPD, LA Unified Schools, US Congress, State of California...

National Assoc of District Attorneys; Law Enforcement Admin Assistance; LA County Interagency Gang Task Force...many others