Softball/Softball Infield fly rule

Sanchez wrote at 2014-08-08 04:55:08
I think Softball and/or Slo Pitch should adopt the good things the employ in hardball. I ump both Slo Pitch and hardball. The same thing happened while I was umping in a league playoffs. I was the PU. During an IF situation, the BU pointed with her finger and didnít say anything. I thought she had called, as we do in hardball, but she didnít. Itís kind of silly. Either umpire should be able to call it, just like we do in baseball.  

Dr. Mark R. Ambrose

I can answer all questions about book rules and "case book" rules governing the playing of ASA softball. Have a REAL situation that happened and are not sure the proper rule was applied, ask me.

I am a registered ASA umpire, a MASA "At-Large" umpire since 1996 and a retired District Umpire-In-Chief. I have very extensive experience in MASA State Championship and ASA national qualifying tournament play both as an umpire and an Umpire-In-Chief. I completed 3 ASA National Schools including the ASA national advanced umpire school in Ok City("Bernie" for those who know him was the lead clinician, I survived the week and couldn't let my kids watch the game tapes when I got home. No, I love you Bernie). I was one of 4 "Yankee" umpires selected to umpire the Men's D National East Championship in 2002 in Winter Haven FL

Amateur Softball Association (The authority in softball)