Chris wrote at 2015-04-26 15:36:55
Hello Chana,

As a youth umpire we are required if we here thunder or see lighting we get of the field asap into a close shelter or cars. no dugouts now you can't force people to do it but the best thing to do is reach to safety commissioner on the board the president on board and if they don't enforce the rule with everyone... than you go to the another league page the official page file report or something. The best thing to do is care the safety of your child and her friends if your other mothers and fathers fill the same take them to car. there should be no plenty for safety  

Dr. Mark R. Ambrose

I can answer all questions about book rules and "case book" rules governing the playing of ASA softball. Have a REAL situation that happened and are not sure the proper rule was applied, ask me.

I am a registered ASA umpire, a MASA "At-Large" umpire since 1996 and a retired District Umpire-In-Chief. I have very extensive experience in MASA State Championship and ASA national qualifying tournament play both as an umpire and an Umpire-In-Chief. I completed 3 ASA National Schools including the ASA national advanced umpire school in Ok City("Bernie" for those who know him was the lead clinician, I survived the week and couldn't let my kids watch the game tapes when I got home. No, I love you Bernie). I was one of 4 "Yankee" umpires selected to umpire the Men's D National East Championship in 2002 in Winter Haven FL

Amateur Softball Association (The authority in softball)