Softball/Foulball

Coach wrote at 2012-10-31 19:58:30
Read the guys profile. He just does fast pitch.  His answer is spot on for fast pitch

drmarka wrote at 2012-11-01 14:58:19
"ASA states that it is an out no matter what strike it, slow pitch"

A "foul tip" in SP is rare but the statement is NOT correct.  In SP a foul tip w/less than 2 strikes is simply a strike the same as FP.  With 2 strikes any batted foul, tip or ball is an out in SP. I challenge the OP to cite the rule in this add to the answer that in SP  says a foul tip is an out w/ less than 2 strikes. It's unfortunate the OP doesn't know the rules and rate the "K" at a 1.  

The OP doesn't understand the difference between a "foul tip" and a "foul batted ball" which can be caught by the catcher for an out on any count.  Since you state "ASA says" I assume you have a rule book, please read RS 22 to understand the difference.  Please also read 7-4-e Strike, foul tip.

Tom Mielke wrote at 2012-11-04 14:05:44
You can see why I don't do slow pitch.  I don't know slow pitch.  Thanks Mark

Softball

Tom Mielke