Softball/Softball Tagging Up, Appeal

Joe wrote at 2012-11-01 16:19:14
Why would this not be a dead ball. Runner out for leaving base early, Batter resumes count prior to pitch that was popped up?

drmarka wrote at 2012-11-03 11:12:07
I don't see where the OP stated the runner left early, I'm thinking you're thinking SP.  This is a FP question where the runner can leave when the pitch leaves the pitcher's hand.

Dr. Mark R. Ambrose

I can answer all questions about book rules and "case book" rules governing the playing of ASA softball. Have a REAL situation that happened and are not sure the proper rule was applied, ask me.

I am a registered ASA umpire, a MASA "At-Large" umpire since 1996 and a retired District Umpire-In-Chief. I have very extensive experience in MASA State Championship and ASA national qualifying tournament play both as an umpire and an Umpire-In-Chief. I completed 3 ASA National Schools including the ASA national advanced umpire school in Ok City("Bernie" for those who know him was the lead clinician, I survived the week and couldn't let my kids watch the game tapes when I got home. No, I love you Bernie). I was one of 4 "Yankee" umpires selected to umpire the Men's D National East Championship in 2002 in Winter Haven FL

Amateur Softball Association (The authority in softball)