Softball/Switching batter's boxes

Question
In slow pitch senior softball, can a batter switch batter's boxes in the same at bat?  I say yes, but I can't find it in the rule book.  Thanks, Dave

Answer
Hi Dave,
It's there, you just missed it.

ASA 7-3-e "The batter shall not step directly in front of the catcher to the other batter's box while the pitcher (FP) is taking the signal or (SP) is in a position to pitch, or anytime thereafter prior to the release of the pitch"  Effect, ball is dead and batter is out and runner may not advance.

So as long as you do it before those situations occur, it's absolutely legal.

Mark

Softball

Dr. Mark R. Ambrose