Softball/softball

BretMan wrote at 2013-04-13 02:30:59
The answer to this might depend on which state you play in and if your state has adopted their own game ending procedures.

The NFHS rule book says that a game ended before five innings, or 4 1/2 innings if the home team is ahead, is determined to be a "no game" That is, play is not suspended and the game is not continued at a later date. It is, in essence, cancelled as if it had never started.

Each state is free to adopt any procedure they see fit to handle suspended games and it does vary from state to state. So, not all states would handle this the same way. Your coaches should be able to contact state officials to determine their correct procedure.

drmark wrote at 2013-04-14 12:24:46
The OP did no give an org and I should have made clear this was an ASA answer. Although not universal most mid school softball around here is played by ASA rules.

Mark

Softball

Dr. Mark R. Ambrose