Sleet made us discontinue a middle school fast pitch softball game in the bottom of the 1st inning... score 5-4... 2 on base. etc.
I thought we continued at the spot left off exactly.  Or... do we start over.

Hi Darlynn,

you restart the game at the EXACT spot down to the count on the batter where it was stopped.

As a sn, any player on the roster can participate in the restart of the game, they need not have been to the "1st" game in order to play.  They are just subbed in for the original player.

Dr. Mark R. Ambrose

I can answer all questions about book rules and "case book" rules governing the playing of ASA softball. Have a REAL situation that happened and are not sure the proper rule was applied, ask me.

I am a registered ASA umpire, a MASA "At-Large" umpire since 1996 and a retired District Umpire-In-Chief. I have very extensive experience in MASA State Championship and ASA national qualifying tournament play both as an umpire and an Umpire-In-Chief. I completed 3 ASA National Schools including the ASA national advanced umpire school in Ok City("Bernie" for those who know him was the lead clinician, I survived the week and couldn't let my kids watch the game tapes when I got home. No, I love you Bernie). I was one of 4 "Yankee" umpires selected to umpire the Men's D National East Championship in 2002 in Winter Haven FL

Amateur Softball Association (The authority in softball)