If a player had a (example) sore arm and was sat for an inning, after a little while in the game can he/she be let back in the game if there arm is better?

Hi Emily,

If she was subbed for and has a re-entry left, (any player can re-enter once, sure she can sub back in to her her original batting position.

If she left the game and you had to play "shorthanded" because you didn't have a legal sub available, no she cannot just because of a sore arm or whatever.  If she left because of the "blood rule" she can return.

Dr. Mark R. Ambrose

I can answer all questions about book rules and "case book" rules governing the playing of ASA softball. Have a REAL situation that happened and are not sure the proper rule was applied, ask me.

I am a registered ASA umpire, a MASA "At-Large" umpire since 1996 and a retired District Umpire-In-Chief. I have very extensive experience in MASA State Championship and ASA national qualifying tournament play both as an umpire and an Umpire-In-Chief. I completed 3 ASA National Schools including the ASA national advanced umpire school in Ok City("Bernie" for those who know him was the lead clinician, I survived the week and couldn't let my kids watch the game tapes when I got home. No, I love you Bernie). I was one of 4 "Yankee" umpires selected to umpire the Men's D National East Championship in 2002 in Winter Haven FL

Amateur Softball Association (The authority in softball)