Softball/ASA softball

Question
1)Dr. Mark, the dreaded do over. ASA tourny, girl softball. Runner on 1'st and 2'nd batter hits to short, bu calls interference, runner out. Then blue got together and made batter bat again.

2)Same game, batter bunts, bat on ground ball spins/rolls back into bat. PU yells dead ball, batter out. I "politely" asked for time and asked why, pu says ball hit bat. I said there is nothing wrong with that, back and forth...I asked if they would confer with bu on the rule. They get together, rule batter not out, runners go back and batter bats again. I know they messed up calling dead ball.....what would have been a better solution besides a "blue" do over? Thanks

Answer
Hi jan,

oh...man....

I assume they cancelled the interference.....so we probably have obstruction, I'm loading the bases

I'm awarding the b-r 1st base

This is very difficult w/out seeing the play(s), talking to the umpires, etc but generally I don't do do-overs

Anybody else got other ideas??

mark  

Softball

Dr. Mark R. Ambrose