Softball/co ed men on infield

Question
hey Dr. i recently had a game in wich i was winning by a suficient amount of runs, so i decided to put all my girls in the outfield and all guys in the infield but the umpire said i could not have more than 4 guys in the infield is that true? this is coed league 5 guys 5 girls on field

Answer
Hi jaime,

coed has so many local exemptions that sometimes I wonder if it has any rules at all.

In strict ASA play pitcher and catcher must be opposite sexes, 2 females and 2 males in the infield and 2 males and females in the outfield.

3 let alone 4 of the same sex in the infield (don't count F1 or F2) or outfield would not be allowed in strict ASA play.

Mark

Softball

Dr. Mark R. Ambrose