Softball/Pitcher Glove - Legal or Illegal? ASA

Pitcher using the glove in link in a game.  Umpire casually advised the glove was illegal due to yellow stitching.

Is this an ASA rule???

The rule says a pitcher can use a multi-colored glove as long as one of the colors is not the same color as the ball.  In my opinion, you have a single colored glove with yellow stitching.  Obviously this rule is open to interpretation.  I don't understand why a manufacturer would make a glove like this unless they had had it ok'd by the different associations.

Personally, I would not determine the glove to be illegal, but I am not your umpire.  It is probably time to get out the sharpie marker and turn the yellow to black!

Tom Mielke

Rule and scoring questions for girls/womens Fastpitch Softball. Primarily High School (NFHS) and ASA

Rec, Varsity and Travel Ball Coach and High School Umpire

Michigan High School Athletic Association registered official: Softball, Basketball