Softball/Coach's interference

Question
If a baserunner takes a wide turn at 3rd base and accidently runs into the 3rd base coach can he still proceed to score? thx.
Ps I did not see this covered by a rule in senior softball.

Answer
Hi Bob,

This would not be coaches interference, that can only happen under certain circumstances such as drawing a throw 8-7-m or intentionally interference with a thrown or batted ball, etc 8-7-o.  read RS 33e.

However they could be called out 8-7-e if the coach "physically assisted" the runner.  Such as pushing, grabbing or any act that would give an advantage to the runner.

If the runner simply and accidentally (as your OP) collided with the coach and no assist was given, it nothing, and whatever happens after that happens.

Mark

Softball

Dr. Mark R. Ambrose