Softball/Coach's interference

If a baserunner takes a wide turn at 3rd base and accidently runs into the 3rd base coach can he still proceed to score? thx.
Ps I did not see this covered by a rule in senior softball.

Hi Bob,

This would not be coaches interference, that can only happen under certain circumstances such as drawing a throw 8-7-m or intentionally interference with a thrown or batted ball, etc 8-7-o.  read RS 33e.

However they could be called out 8-7-e if the coach "physically assisted" the runner.  Such as pushing, grabbing or any act that would give an advantage to the runner.

If the runner simply and accidentally (as your OP) collided with the coach and no assist was given, it nothing, and whatever happens after that happens.

Dr. Mark R. Ambrose

I can answer all questions about book rules and "case book" rules governing the playing of ASA softball. Have a REAL situation that happened and are not sure the proper rule was applied, ask me.

I am a registered ASA umpire, a MASA "At-Large" umpire since 1996 and a retired District Umpire-In-Chief. I have very extensive experience in MASA State Championship and ASA national qualifying tournament play both as an umpire and an Umpire-In-Chief. I completed 3 ASA National Schools including the ASA national advanced umpire school in Ok City("Bernie" for those who know him was the lead clinician, I survived the week and couldn't let my kids watch the game tapes when I got home. No, I love you Bernie). I was one of 4 "Yankee" umpires selected to umpire the Men's D National East Championship in 2002 in Winter Haven FL

Amateur Softball Association (The authority in softball)