Softball/ASA vs LL

Hi there, my daughter has played ASA; however, has also played LL baseball with her elementary school.  We have been told that if she plays LL softball she cannot switch to an ASA league during the season.  Is this accurate?  We live in ME so our choices are limited for her playing, but don't want her to become I eligible if she wants to play on an ASA 12u team this summer.

Hi Tracie,

This is out of my area of expertise, however here's the guy who can help you

Deputy JO Commissioner: Cleveland Brown
Address: 91 Green Rd
City, State, Zip:Fairfield, ME 04937
Bus. Phone:
Home Phone:(207) 314-1876

Dr. Mark R. Ambrose

I can answer all questions about book rules and "case book" rules governing the playing of ASA softball. Have a REAL situation that happened and are not sure the proper rule was applied, ask me.

I am a registered ASA umpire, a MASA "At-Large" umpire since 1996 and a retired District Umpire-In-Chief. I have very extensive experience in MASA State Championship and ASA national qualifying tournament play both as an umpire and an Umpire-In-Chief. I completed 3 ASA National Schools including the ASA national advanced umpire school in Ok City("Bernie" for those who know him was the lead clinician, I survived the week and couldn't let my kids watch the game tapes when I got home. No, I love you Bernie). I was one of 4 "Yankee" umpires selected to umpire the Men's D National East Championship in 2002 in Winter Haven FL

Amateur Softball Association (The authority in softball)