Softball/Men's slow pitch softball

Question
If a player is ejected from a game for verbal unsportsmanlike
Like conduct, is the player given an out when it is his is turn to bat?
Also, when defense manager makes an appeal due to this type of verbal
Taunting is it to be done before the next legal or illegal pitch is thrown.  If
Next batter as been pitched to can player that played unsportsmanlike like still
Be ejected from game?

Answer
Hi Sharon,

You might have local rules that differ, that's very possible but under strict ASA rules if a player is "ejected" and there is no sub, the game is over, a forfeit.

Most local rules that change that rule allow the game to continue and take an out in that batting spot.

This situation is NOT any type of "appeal" in any softball game, it is strictly an umpire decision at the time the USC occurred if the player went over the line and ejected them self.

Mark

Softball

Dr. Mark R. Ambrose