Softball/Men's slow pitch softball

If a player is ejected from a game for verbal unsportsmanlike
Like conduct, is the player given an out when it is his is turn to bat?
Also, when defense manager makes an appeal due to this type of verbal
Taunting is it to be done before the next legal or illegal pitch is thrown.  If
Next batter as been pitched to can player that played unsportsmanlike like still
Be ejected from game?

Hi Sharon,

You might have local rules that differ, that's very possible but under strict ASA rules if a player is "ejected" and there is no sub, the game is over, a forfeit.

Most local rules that change that rule allow the game to continue and take an out in that batting spot.

This situation is NOT any type of "appeal" in any softball game, it is strictly an umpire decision at the time the USC occurred if the player went over the line and ejected them self.

Dr. Mark R. Ambrose

I can answer all questions about book rules and "case book" rules governing the playing of ASA softball. Have a REAL situation that happened and are not sure the proper rule was applied, ask me.

I am a registered ASA umpire, a MASA "At-Large" umpire since 1996 and a retired District Umpire-In-Chief. I have very extensive experience in MASA State Championship and ASA national qualifying tournament play both as an umpire and an Umpire-In-Chief. I completed 3 ASA National Schools including the ASA national advanced umpire school in Ok City("Bernie" for those who know him was the lead clinician, I survived the week and couldn't let my kids watch the game tapes when I got home. No, I love you Bernie). I was one of 4 "Yankee" umpires selected to umpire the Men's D National East Championship in 2002 in Winter Haven FL

Amateur Softball Association (The authority in softball)